Strengthening & Pain Relief from Joint Hypermobility
"Strengthen, Rehabilitate, Stay Healthy"
My Story - Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
"ITS A LIFE SAVER"
- Joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition that allows joints to easily move beyond the normal range expected for that particular joint. Making the joints looser, weaker and more susceptible to injury.
- Hypermobile joints tend to be inherited/ hereditary.
- Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is considered the same or very close to joint hypermobility syndrome sharing many of the same symptoms.
- There is no definitive test to confirm either of these syndromes. Diagnosis is based of the symptoms and your medical history.
- The symptoms of joint hypermobility syndrome include pain in the knees, fingers, hips, and elbows.
- Pain and stiffness in the joints and muscles
- Repetitive spraining, straining or dislocating of joints and muscles
- Poor balance and co-ordination.
- NB: Exercise with Powerball should be carried out at low resistance while in recovery if you have existing injuries and pains resulting from hypermobility syndrome.
- Powerball allows a person with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome to strengthen & rehabilitate there fingers, hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders. Basically the whole upper limbs. Exercising with Powerball not only allows you to strengthen muscle groups but also tendons and joints.
- Whether it is Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI), sprains or damage to tendons Powerball is the versatile rehabilitation tool that will relieve the symptoms leaving the user strong and pain-free.
- Powerball not only rehabilitates and strengthens but it also is prevents injuries especially RSIs, sprains, strains and muscle damage. Using Powerball on a daily basis is body arm for your hands and arms leaving your muscles strong and healthy and your joints flexible and pain-free.
- The resistance training with Powerball is 100% non-impact which allows you to rehabilitate without putting any pressure on joints and tendons.
- Check out all our individual pages for rehabilitation and strengthening for more information. We have the videos and programs for fingers & hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders below.
- Find all our rehabilitation & strengthening videos/ programs on our videos page.
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome - Finger / Hand Rehabilitation & Strengthening
This is very important for a Hypermobility Syndrome sufferer who has pain and stiffness in the fingers, wrists and arms. Exercising with Powerball creates full circumduction of the wrist joint increasing flexibility, strength and health right throughout the whole kinetic chain from fingertip to shoulder.
Watch the video below and see how Powerball can help you effectively rehabilitate and strengthen your hands and fingers. Our hand, thumb and finger programmes are fully downloadable and can be found using the button below the video.
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome wrist strengthening & rehabilitation
If you are in pain from joint hypermobility syndrome Powerball will both strengthen and rehabilitate at the same time. This is impossible with traditional exercise as you would further damage sore joints, muscles & tendons.
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome Elbow strengthening & rehabilitation
“STEP-BY-STEP, PHYSIO-DESIGNED REHAB PROGRAMME”
Using Powerball gives you a practical, easy to follow recovery path for elbow rehabilitation. We have 4 different physio-designed elbow rehabilitation programmes (with accompanying rehab videos) that you can follow depending on your injury. See below for an example of one of our programmes and videos.
Our full list of videos and programs can be found in the videos section of the site.
Hypermobility Joint Syndrome Shoulder strengthening & rehabilitation
- Cuts rehabilitation times – strengthens muscles & tendons & relieves shoulder pain.
- Helps shoulder co-contraction – exercise with our products stabilises the shoulder joint.
- Increases shoulder joint flexibility & mobility.
- Repairs scarred tissues – cures & prevents repetitive strain injuries which are the causes of a large proportion of shoulder injuries.
- Increases blood flow dramatically – turbocharges the healing process.
- 100% non-impact isometric resistance – no strain and all gain.
A Little bit about Powerspin
Powerspin Shoulder strengthening & rehab Exercises
We have designed two separate Powerspin exercise videos and rehabilitation programmes that you can follow in order to target all of the individual muscle groups in and around the shoulder, effectively strengthening these areas as well as relieving pain. We recommend spending as little as 2-3 minutes a day on each exercise to feel immediate pain relief and concontraction (stability) in the shoulder area. Below is an example of one of our easy-to-follow exercise videos. The full list of programs and videos is on our videos page.
Powerball Shoulder Pain Exercises
Not only are our physio-designed shoulder rehabilitation programs comprehensive and easy to follow, but they will also provide you with a clearly-structured recovery path that tackles shoulder pain head-on. We offer five different exercise programs with accompanying videos that target various muscle groups in the shoulder for fast and effective rehabilitation and recovery. Below you will find just one example of a video from our extensive rehabilitation & strengthening programs – a full list of videos and exercise instructions can be found in the videos section. Spend as little as 1-2 minutes a day on each exercise and strengthen your shoulder and surrounding joints and tendons relieving pain leaving you healthy and strong.