Starting your Powerball®
Ultimate guide to starting your Autostart Powerball
Ultimate guide to starting your Cord-Start Powerball
Quick Guide to Starting Autostart Powerball
If you have chosen Powerball® Autostart™, simply use your thumbs to power up the internal rotor without the need for a cord.
- To begin, place Powerball® Autostart™ in your dominant hand and hold firmly.
- Examine the rotor and note the arrows printed on its surface.
- Using BOTH thumbs, wind the rotor forward in the direction of the arrows to a point where it won’t wind any further and simply release.
- Alternatively, you can wind up the rotor by pulling your Powerball® Autostart™ firmly backward along a smooth, hard surface (such as a flat table) – the two hard rubber tracks built into the rotor are there to help facilitate this option.
- Upon releasing, the coiled internal mechanism will immediately accelerate the rotor up to between 2,500 and 3,500 revolutions per minute, which is the ideal Powerball® starting spin speed.
- At this point, turn your hand 180 degrees so that the ball is now facing the ground and begin to rotate your wrist in a slow, smooth ‘stirring’ action.
Quick Guide to Starting Cord-Start Powerball
If you have chosen a cord-start Powerball® model, it may be activated using one of the red starting cords supplied with the product.
- Holding the ball firmly in your non-dominant hand (ie; place Powerball® into your right hand if you’re naturally left handed and into the left hand if naturally right handed), begin by inserting the tip of the red cord into the hole in the center groove of the rotor.
- Proceed to wind the rotor forward with the thumb of your non-dominant hand, while maintaining pressure on the cord between the fingers of the other hand to ensure there is no slack as it winds up around the rotor groove (note: this is most easily achieved by pressing the cord down gently but firmly onto the shell surface with the thumb of your free hand).
- When there are only about 3 inches of cord remaining, stop winding and place Powerball® into your dominant hand, gripping it firmly.
- Now turn your hand 180 degrees so that the ball and the cord are pointing down toward the floor.
- Grasping the cord firmly between the fingers in your free hand, give it a quick, sharp tug vertically down towards the ground. *Note: it is very important that the cord is always pulled STRAIGHT down and never at an angle – this will ensure that there is no opportunity for it to snag or jam in the rotor mechanism
- The rotor will immediately accelerate up to between 2,500 and 3,500 revolutions per minute, which is the ideal Powerball® starting spin speed.
- At this point begin to rotate your wrist in a slow, smooth ‘stirring’ action.