Strengthening & Pain Relief from Joint Hypermobility
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome for many can be symptom-less ,however, for many it can lead to pains, stiffness in the joints and muscles. This is where Powerball can be an invaluable training aid to solve any upper limb (hands, wrist, elbow and shoulder) problems Hypermobility Syndrome may cause.
“Strengthen, Rehabilitate, Stay Healthy”
Whether you are looking to simply strengthen, improve flexibility or rehabilitate from pains and injuries caused by Joint Hypermobility Syndrome then Powerball is the perfect device for you. Powerballs are used by professional athletes and musicians to build strength and keep their upper limbs healthy and are recommended by physios and physicians to rehabilitate from a wide range of finger, hand, wrist, arm, elbow & shoulder injuries. We have the exercise program to strengthen / rehabilitate anywhere in your upper limb at Powerballs.com.
My Story – Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
“I will need to give you a little bit of background information, so you understand how much this device has improved my life. I have an inherited condition that affects my joints and makes me prone to developing repetitive forearm injuries. At 25 I developed a painful condition in both wrists, and after many failed types of physiotherapy and exercise as well as a resistance to various painkillers, I had to resign and quit my job.”
“ITS A LIFE SAVER”
“I thought I would never be able to work again, but then I found Powerball. With continuous training, I was able to take off so much of the daily pain I was going through. I am now able to keep up my IT support job, which would not be possible with ergonomic mouse and keyboard alone. Wherever I go, I take a Powerball with me. My life wouldn’t be the same without this tool and I am eternally grateful for its existence as well as the deeply impressive customer service this company provides. Thank you for giving me back so much of the life quality I lost years ago. I would recommend Powerball to anyone suffering from painful conditions in their forearms – It’s a life saver.”
What is a Powerball
Depending on the model you choose, a Powerball will weigh between 300 and 500 grams and despite only being the size of a tennis ball, it can generate over 60 times its weight in isometric resistance, simply by turning your wrists. Powerballs are encased in a metal or polycarbonate shell and are a type of gyroscope (gyroscopes can also be found in planes, spaceships, and robots). Powerball is different from a standard gyroscope, however, as it harnesses the power of its spinning rotor for rehabilitation and strengthening purposes. Combine Powerball with our specific exercise programmes and effectively strengthen & rehabilitate from fingertip to shoulder. Exercise with Powerball is 100% non-impact so it allows you to strengthen without putting pressure on tendons and joints.
What is Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition that allows joints to easily move beyond the normal range expected for that particular joint. Making the joints looser, weaker and more susceptible to injury.
- Hypermobile joints tend to be inherited/ hereditary.
- Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is considered the same or very close to joint hypermobility syndrome sharing many of the same symptoms.
- There is no definitive test to confirm either of these syndromes. Diagnosis is based of the symptoms and your medical history.
What are the symptoms of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- The symptoms of joint hypermobility syndrome include pain in the knees, fingers, hips, and elbows.
- Pain and stiffness in the joints and muscles
- Repetitive spraining, straining or dislocating of joints and muscles
- Poor balance and co-ordination.
- NB: Exercise with Powerball should be carried out at low resistance while in recovery if you have existing injuries and pains resulting from hypermobility syndrome.
- Powerball allows a person with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome to strengthen & rehabilitate there fingers, hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders. Basically the whole upper limbs. Exercising with Powerball not only allows you to strengthen muscle groups but also tendons and joints.
- Whether it is Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI), sprains or damage to tendons Powerball is the versatile rehabilitation tool that will relieve the symptoms leaving the user strong and pain-free.
- Powerball not only rehabilitates and strengthens but it also is prevents injuries especially RSIs, sprains, strains and muscle damage. Using Powerball on a daily basis is body arm for your hands and arms leaving your muscles strong and healthy and your joints flexible and pain-free.
- The resistance training with Powerball is 100% non-impact which allows you to rehabilitate without putting any pressure on joints and tendons.
- Check out all our individual pages for rehabilitation and strengthening for more information. We have the videos and programs for fingers & hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders below.
- Find all our rehabilitation & strengthening videos/ programs on our videos page.
- Powerball is highly efficient at exercising the muscles in the upper limbs
- Allows you to rehabiliatate much faster as you can strengthen your elbow while in recovery – without pain
- Increases oxygen and nutrient-rich blood to the muscles and connecting tendons – aids elbow rehabilitation
- Prevents muscle tearing from repetitive movements or RSIs
- Elbow strengthening, reduces muscle contraction & reduces inflammation
- Stops muscle wastage while in recovery
- Non-Impact – Gentle recovery for damaged muscles, bones & tendons.
How can Powerball help Joint Hypermobility Syndrome?
Where can Powerball be used to rehabilitate and strengthen?
Powerball can be used to strengthen and rehabilitate from your fingertips to your shoulder. There are different exercise programs you can follow for rehabilitation and strengthening that target different joints, muscle groups, tendons and tendons.
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome – Finger / Hand Rehabilitation & Strengthening
How Powerball aids Hand/Finger Rehabilitation – More Info
Powerball is highly efficient at strengthening the forearm flexor & Extensor muscles – These muscles power your fingers. Powerball builds strength and endurance in the muscle through isometric resistance training– the faster you spin the ball, the more resistance you will feel.
Increased Blood Circulation
Powerball dramatically increases blood circulation to the muscles and connecting tendons –using Powerball uses and engages ALL 4 of the main forearm muscles. Stimulating a muscle using Powerball increases circulation right throughout the tissue with all the associated benefits this brings (healing, increased muscle flexibility, reduced stress on connecting tendons, rehabilitation).
This is very important for a Hypermobility Syndrome sufferer who has pain and stiffness in the fingers, wrists and arms. Exercising with Powerball creates full circumduction of the wrist joint increasing flexibility, strength and health right throughout the whole kinetic chain from fingertip to shoulder.
Non-impact resistance stops muscle wastage while in recovery – Muscles tend to atrophy (waste away) increasing recovery periods. Exercise with Powerball is 100% non-impact resistance. The resistance can be as little as 1.0lb or as much as 35lbs of force, depending on how fast you spin the Powerball. As a result, it can be used to gently exercise while you’re rehabilitating without any fear of over-exertion. This helps to maintain muscle mass right throughout the recovery period.
Watch the video below and see how Powerball can help you effectively rehabilitate and strengthen your hands and fingers. Our hand, thumb and finger programmes are fully downloadable and can be found using the button below the video.
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome wrist strengthening & rehabilitation
How Powerball strengthens & rehabs the wrist – More info
Wrist pain can originate for many reasons, however, most commonly it is inflamed tendons or damage to the forearm muscles. Using Powerball increases blood circulation bringing healing oxygen-rich nutrients to damaged tendons and muscles. The increased circulation feels like the “muscle pump” you would have after a long weights session. However, unlike traditional isotonic concentric and eccentric exercises (e.g dumbbell curls), Powerballs exercise is in the form 100% non-impact isometric resistance.
If you are in pain from joint hypermobility syndrome Powerball will both strengthen and rehabilitate at the same time. This is impossible with traditional exercise as you would further damage sore joints, muscles & tendons.
Cure & prevent repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
Cure & prevent repetitive strain injuries (RSI) from joint hypermobility syndrome – these are a common cause of wrist pain and can occur from repetitive movements like typing, playing an instrument or sport. Powerball is uniquely adept at preventing and curing RSI symptoms.
Building wrist strength
Wrist & grip strength comes directly from the muscles in your forearms. Powerball is incredibly efficient at exercising your forearms in a unique way using gyroscopic resistance. Exercising with Powerball is 100% non-impact isometric exercise which is most effective for rehabilitation.
Isometric resistance Training
Powerball can be as gentle or as powerful as you like. At low revolutions, the isometric resistance is soothing and therapeutic. However, Powerball is a world-class wrist strengthener and Powerballs rotor can generate the resistance equivalent to lifting a 25kg dumbbell without any of the strain from lifting weight on your joints and tendons.
Follow our physio-designed wrist rehabilitation & strengthening program, which gives you a practical, easy-to-follow recovery path. You can download our wrist rehabilitation and strengthening program below this video. A full list of our video and rehabilitation programs can be found on our videos page.https://youtu.be/iDtAYQwo-84
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome Elbow strengthening & rehabilitation
How Powerball strengthens & rehabs the wrist – More info
“STEP-BY-STEP, PHYSIO-DESIGNED REHAB PROGRAMME”
Using Powerball gives you a practical, easy to follow recovery path for elbow rehabilitation. We have 4 different physio-designed elbow rehabilitation programmes (with accompanying rehab videos) that you can follow depending on your injury. See below for an example of one of our programmes and videos.
Our full list of videos and programs can be found in the videos section of the site.
Hypermobility Joint Syndrome Shoulder strengthening & rehabilitation
How Powerball & Powerspin helps with shoulder strengthening & rehabilitation
- Cuts rehabilitation times – strengthens muscles & tendons & relieves shoulder pain.
- Helps shoulder co-contraction – exercise with our products stabilises the shoulder joint.
- Increases shoulder joint flexibility & mobility.
- Repairs scarred tissues – cures & prevents repetitive strain injuries which are the causes of a large proportion of shoulder injuries.
- Increases blood flow dramatically – turbocharges the healing process.
- 100% non-impact isometric resistance – no strain and all gain.
A Little bit about Powerspin
Powerspin is an upper body exerciser like no other and can create limitless resistance depending on your fitness level. The faster you spin the ball around the tube, the more resistance Powerspin generates making it a highly-effective device for treating shoulder pain. Start by gently spinning the ball around inside the tube for only a couple of minutes each day and slowly build the intensity as you progress through your recovery. One customer accurately described Powerspin as a “treadmill for your arms and shoulder” – and we couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Powerspin is a 100% non-impact form of exercise as no shoulder movement is required to effectively heal and strengthen the muscles in your shoulders.https://youtu.be/BiLtyoPoy-Q
Powerspin Shoulder strengthening & rehab Exercises
We have designed two separate Powerspin exercise videos and rehabilitation programmes that you can follow in order to target all of the individual muscle groups in and around the shoulder, effectively strengthening these areas as well as relieving pain. We recommend spending as little as 2-3 minutes a day on each exercise to feel immediate pain relief and concontraction (stability) in the shoulder area. Below is an example of one of our easy-to-follow exercise videos. The full list of programs and videos is on our videos page.
Powerball Shoulder Pain Exercises
Not only are our physio-designed shoulder rehabilitation programs comprehensive and easy to follow, but they will also provide you with a clearly-structured recovery path that tackles shoulder pain head-on. We offer five different exercise programs with accompanying videos that target various muscle groups in the shoulder for fast and effective rehabilitation and recovery. Below you will find just one example of a video from our extensive rehabilitation & strengthening programs – a full list of videos and exercise instructions can be found in the videos section. Spend as little as 1-2 minutes a day on each exercise and strengthen your shoulder and surrounding joints and tendons relieving pain leaving you healthy and strong.